Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Iguazu Falls, Argentina/Brazil Border


This place is one of great natural beauty and I have been told that it is a place that you would not want to miss seeing before you die which is why I have added it to my bucket list along with liking the lore behind it. The story goes that a god wanted to marry a beautiful woman named Naipí, but Naipí was in love with a mortal man named Tarobá. In order to escape from the scorned god the couple planned to run away together and took a canoe down the river. When the god realized what they had done he cut the river in half and condemned the couple to eternally falling down the waterfalls he had created. It is rare to see a place of lure anymore and I feel myself drawn to places such as these because the stories are so interesting and usually tragic that to just be there would be amazing. From the pictures I have seen it is really a beautiful place to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment