Friday, February 17, 2012

Unity, Maine



As my anniversary comes up in a few months I keep finding myself thinking about the place that my husband and I got married(the first picture is the view from the cabin on the lake in Unity where my husband and I spent our honeymoon). It is truly a place to get away from it all. The closest Walmart (or any modern restaurant chain) is over 30 minutes away, but if you are looking for somewhere to relax and take it easy this summer, this is the place for you. My husband's aunt owns a home there that she rents rooms out during the summer and everyone there knows everyone's name and everyone says hello to one another. It is one of those small towns that is great for rest and relaxation. The greatest part (for me) is that there is BARELY any phone signal out there so there will be no persistent work calls to interrupt the beauty of the area. I would suggest waiting to go there until after June because what they call the mud season causes a lot of bugs in that area until the end of June. But during the summer, fall, and winter that area is like something out a picture or a travel magazine without all of the tourists and crowding. It is a true hidden treasure and I would love to go back again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment